Monday, April 11, 2011

Out with old and in with the new....

So, today is finally here. All I did was complain the last few weeks about how much I didn't like the waiting game. Now, I don't have to wait anymore. The road to health begins today. I absolutely can't believe all the well wishes I have recieved in the last 24 hours. I'm so lucky to have so many amazing people in my life. My first procedure this morning is over with and it wasn't too bad at all - 4 injections in each breast with radioactive medicine. I think that was one of the things I was dreading the most about today and it really wasn't bad at all. Actually, I didn't feel a thing. The worst part was that Bobby couldn't go back with me and he is my designated hand holder for today. Saying good bye to the kids this morning was a bit tough, but they were happy and smiling, so that made it a lot easier. Well, I guess I better go sign in. With any luck, the earlier I sign in, the earlier I'll get my pre-surgery cocktail. I'll check back in with y'all soon!

No comments: