Friday, June 3, 2011

Chemo - round 2! Ding Ding!!!!!

Today is my second chemo treatment. And boy, did I try everything to get out of it -- much to my dismay I'm sitting here in my chemo chair all hooked up to my meds. My good buddy, Mercedes, is here with me and keeping me hydrated and laughing.

Not much has been happening since my last update. Last Friday, I ended up getting really sick and had to come back in for some IV fluids and more anti nausea meds. It sucked! But once all the meds were on board I felt so much better. I did find out that my white blood count was dangerously low and that freaked me out. I had to wear a mask for a few days and had to steer clear of my tiny humans for a little while which was a huge bummer. But as the weekend went on I felt so much better. Then on Tuesday I had my white count checked again and it was so much better -- THANK GOODNESS! So that made for a pretty OK week.

Shelby celebrates her 8th birthday tomorrow, I can't believe it! 8 YEARS OLD!!!! She's having a dance party with with a DJ and all her friends. It's going to be great, I just hope I can feel great, too!

No comments: